Structural Engineering (New construction and structural upgrades for columns, racking and cranes)
Structural services available:
OHSA Regulation 851, Section 72
72. (1) Where a structure is damaged to the extent that a collapse of the structure or any part of the structure is likely to occur and cause injury to a worker,
(a) the structure shall be braced and shored to prevent the collapse of the structure; or
(b) effective safeguards shall be provided to prevent access to the area. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 851, s. 72 (1).
(2) The bracing and shoring or other safeguards prescribed by subsection (1) shall be installed progressively to ensure that a worker installing the bracing and shoring or other safeguards is not in danger. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 851, s. 72 (2).
Structural Upgrade Engineering
Our structural engineering team combines an in-depth understanding of engineering principles, technological opportunities, construction processes, in-service use and regulatory frameworks – all of which are brought together in order to collaborate with our clients on a solution that satisfies each of these criteria.
Our structural engineers produce designs for new builds and retrofits that not only ensure successful solutions, but optimise the construction process and minimize maintenance costs along the way.
Request a Quote
Taking a collaborative approach, we work with our clients to investigate all of the requirements of a project from a productive, environmental, usage and safety capacity. Then we use this information to inform our in-house design team.
Our in-house design team combines their years of collective experience in manufacturing design and engineering with technical software and regulatory knowledge to design a solution for the project at hand to be sent for approval from our in-house engineering team.
Our in-house engineering team makes adjustments to make sure the initial design meets or exceeds all capacity, usage, environmental, safety and regulatory criteria and approves the project for fabrication.
Our team of CWB Certified welders brings the approved design concepts created by our design and engineering teams to life in our 30,000 sq ft fabrication facility.
Once a project has completed the fabrication stage, it is inspected and tested to ensure all capacity, usage, environmental, safety and regulatory criteria are met or exceeded.
Once final inspection is completed, your project is ready for the installation phase, which includes physical installation, implementation of in-site training, adjustments (as needed), a Prestart Health and Safety Review, exemption letters, engineering sign-offs, and electrification according to CSA C22 standards (if applicable).
- Forklift damaged columns
- Undersized mezzanine columns
- Undersized racking
- Damaged racking
- Undersized roof joists
- Machine support structures
Crane Specific Upgrades
- Undersized crane structures
- Jib crane extensions
- Crane Modernization
- Hoist, trolley & crane upgrades
- Control upgrades
- Safety and quality; we are a safety company first and foremost. Our products and solutions are designed with a focus on exceptional quality while protecting your company and its employees.
- Creativity and innovation; we build exceptional and reliable products through innovation and a true customer first philosophy. We specialize in unique, custom and standard fabricated products.
- Our office and shop teams; In-house design, engineering teams, fabrication, installation and inspection teams.
- Our locations; with multiple locations across Ontario, we are well positioned to support all regions within the province as well as other Canadian provinces. 30,000 sq/ ft. of fabrication space including machine shop, fabrication shop, paint booth, and assembly area.
- Experience and longevity; Liftsafe has been recognized as an industry leader for more than 25 years in the fabrication space, working alongside some of the largest manufacturing, industrial, warehousing, energy, aviation, automotive, construction and defense companies in North America.
Request a quote
We offer a huge selection of products and quick quotes for what you’re looking for.
Give us a call. Our friendly customer service staff are on hand and ready to help you.