Position: Crane and Hoist Technician
Jope Type: Full-Time
Salary: $36.13 to $39.39/hour
Liftsafe Engineering and Service Group, Inc., located in Ayr Ontario, requires the services of an overhead crane technician. We have one (1) position available at each of our Scarborough, Ayr and Windsor locations. The full time (40 hour per week) and permanent appointed overhead crane technician will be required to complete the following duties.
- Panel wiring of crane equipment
- Wiring of remote systems
- Electrical servicing of lifting equipment
- Electrical repairing of lifting equipment
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment that forms part of overhead cranes
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders that forms part of overhead cranes
- Test electrical components that forms part of overhead cranes for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators that forms part of overhead cranes
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems that forms part of overhead cranes
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices that forms part of overhead cranes
- Conduct electrical preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- Mechanical servicing of lifting equipment which include the inspection of gearboxes and oil levels, measuring of long travel and cross travel wheels for wear, greasing of open gears and grease points, inspection of load ropes for basic wear and the inspection of all bolts for signs of wear or tightness.
- Mechanical Repairing of lifting equipment which include the replacement of broken shafts, worn wheels, worn or bent shafts, collapsed bearings, broken or worn gears and the replacement of worn brake linings.
- Load testing of lifting equipment which involve basic rigging of solid weights onto load hooks, the knowledge of the operation of electronic load cells is essential.
- Installation and commissioning of new cranes and supply systems
- Overhauling of long travel, cross travel and hoist gearboxes
- Calibration of Load cells and load limiters
- Reading blueprints of cranes.
- Inspecting overhead cranes for malfunctions and incorrect operation
- Assemble and install new overhead cranes
- Make adjustments to any components of overhead cranes
Work performed will be a 50/50 mix of electrical and mechanical.
Wage will be $34.89 to $38.05 per hour depending on experience and abilities. Increases possible based on additional qualifications – dual trade certifications, CWB welding tickets, etc. per collective agreement. Technicians are issued a company cell phone, tablet (for recording inspections, repairs, etc.) A company service truck may be assigned.
- A minimum of 8000 hours experience in maintenance of overhead cranes as required by collective agreement – meets or exceeds standards set by Canadian Standards Association B167-16, Sections 6.2.1 and 8
- A qualified journeyman – trade must be 433A millwright or 309A/442A electrician or equivalent.
- Language at the workplace is English
Liftsafe Engineering provides competitive wages (dependent on experience) and a comprehensive benefits package including full health and dental coverage paid for by the employer, pension matching contributions, continuing education assistance and tool allowance.
Liftsafe Engineering welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Crane and Hoist Technician in the subject line. Please provide 3 references that can verify the experience.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however, we will be reaching out only to those who match our requirements.
It is the policy of Liftsafe Engineering and Service Group Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. Liftsafe Engineering and Service Group Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.